Indie_Guy's avatar

Habit Rouge Sport by Guerlain

I like this. I smell it and I imagine some bizarre collaboration where Guerlain allowed Comme des Garçons reinterpret Habit Rouge. it has bits and pieces of the original Habit Rouge, but it's very peppery, cool metallic, floral and somewhat green with the bamboo.

It's like there are two separate scent "genies" living inside the same bottle. You have the original Habit Rouge whose name is on the lease, sleeps in the master bedroom and pays most of the bills; then you have the sporty, rooster-haired transient young rake who sleeps on the couch, answers the door and chips in for the cable. Odd couple or symbiosis? You decide.

The only downside for me is sometimes that cold steely note amidst the spices brings me back to painful memories of my Cinnabar wearing mom plowing a metal comb through my hair in an effort to make me look presentable before church. OUCH!

15 April, 2010