Indie_Guy's avatar

D&G Le Bateleur 1 by Dolce & Gabbana

I bought this on a whim, and almost immediately regretted it. It's so aquatic and fresh that it's beyond cliché. Makes Acqua di Gio smell like Old Spice. But then, when a scent crosses over that far into enemy territory, I confess that my "sympathy for the devil" gene kicks in. Oddly, I reach for this when I want to smell like someone else, someone good (apologies to Lou Reed). Sometimes, I want to walk out the door not feeling like a neurotic mess of complicated shadows (apologies to Elvis Costello).

This is very obviously as synthetic as they come. But again, this scent is so UNLIKE anything I'd wear, yet I find myself wearing it anyway. I have a beautiful, loving collection of the finest top quality fragrances waiting for me at home, yet I find myself stepping out with this cheap street corner floozy on occasion for reasons I can't fathom. (no apologies to Tiger Woods.)

13 January, 2010