hoschhti's avatar
    hoschhti
    Germany Germany

Castoreum by AbdesSalaam Attar Profumo

Surprisingly this smells very good and is absolutely wearable by itself. Castoreum smells leathery and even a little bit smoky. Although it is animalic, there is definetely no pee-pee or poo-poo going on! It is a deeply cozy and contemplative, reassuring but also authoritative and a bit melancholic scent that evokes images of autumn and childhood memories. There is a slightly chemical note in it which I really like. It gives Castoreum a big part of its appeal, but I have trouble naming that note. Maybe some kind of lacquer? Again I remember this smell from my childhood, but I can't really pinpoint it. I also smell something like vinegar or like the acid in wine! Castoreum is quite complex that one might think it is a composition, but it is in fact a single animalic note - pheromones from a beaver to be precisely. I don't know if I am imagining that, but some aspects of the smell and the overall vibe remind me of Oud! Castoreum can be used for layering, but I find it interesting enough to wear it alone. It's the perfect scent for autumn and winter due to its mysterious character. Luckily it has more longetivity than the other "animals" from Profumo.it.

15 November, 2011 (Last Edited: 19 November, 2011)