Bostonredlox's avatar

Zany by Avon

I wore this in junior high and I loved it. It was more "sophisticated" than the Avon perfumes that came in figural bottles and were marketed to little girls. This one was aimed at teens, and came in a bright orange and pink box with New Wave graphics that captured the spirit of the late 70s-early 80s. Yet to me the fragrance reminds me of classic fragrances. I'm not sure what the notes are, but it smells like it has a synthetic musk or amber note that was common among legendary fragrances of the 40s or 50s. It's been discontinued for decades, so I've been scouring eBay to secure a few bottles for myself. It doesn't last very long, and I wonder if its because the fragrance has lost its potency over time. Zany takes me back to junior high school. Wearing it again is like being reunited with an old friend.

01st December, 2011