Dernier_Cri's avatar

Red Vetyver by Montale

If you put enough Red Vetyver on you will get noticed. Subtlety is not it's thing. At the start loud candied orange, the wood from the base of a fresh cut christmas tree, some spices, salt underneath. I find myself thinking of Happy for Men which I still wear from time to time partially out of nostalgia I know. And I'm not apologizing here even though I feel like I am... like you would for some old friend nobody thinks is cool. I actually still like Happy FM. Poor thing. But the point I'm struggling to make here is that Red Vetyver reminds me of Happy FM in it's being almost obnoxiously to the point. Both have the loud candied orange thing although Happy's is definately more of the souring Mandarin variety. Happy has some loud green stuff. Red Vetyver has the turned up wood and some spices the aquatic Happy does not. That spiciness and the overall presentation of Red Vetyver reminds me of another not too subtle fragrance L'air du Desert Marocain. And yes Red Vetyver definately reminds me immediately of Terre d'hermes most of all. I would like to have made a direct comparison between them but I don't keep that kind of stuff in my house.

18 December, 2011