Oproust's avatar

Ungaro III by Ungaro

Ungaro III is a fresh aromatic fougere that opens with a citrus-lavender-vodka blend that evokes a nose-stinging gasoline vibe. As Ungaro III develops, a wood note peaks through the opening. At first sniff, I'm ready to dismiss Ungaro III. However, as the mid notes emerge, I find Ungaro III more attractive. The floral heart presents a beautiful rose note that is what Ungaro III is all about. The dry down is patchouli, oakmoss and plenty of vetiver. I enjoy Ungaro III, but the opening is shaky. It literally makes my nose sting. I love fougere fragrances, but Ungaro III is not at the top of my list. I prefer Tsar, Azzaro, and Jazz among others. Ungaro III isn't bad. I don't feel the whole gothic vibe, just a nice rose scent that is wearable but unremarkable.

18th December, 2011