Oproust's avatar

Blu Mediterraneo Tuscan Cypress / Cipresso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma

It's time to brush off the Rosetta Stone, learn to speak Italian and head to Tuscany. Tuscan Cypress is a perfect scent for warm, sunny days. TC opens with a crisp grapefruit note. This note lasts for a surprisingly long time. Herbs, including rosemary, basil and sage, snuggle with the grapefruit creating a spicy citrus-herbal accord. TC reminds me somewhat of Live Jazz during the top notes. While I enjoy Live Jazz very much, I find TC to be more complex and interesting. As TC moves into the mid notes, lavender pushes to the forefront. I detect some pine and a cardamom note that is reminiscent of Bowling Green. The transition from top to mid notes is smooth, although the grapefruit-lavender combination isn't my favorite part of TC. Nevertheless, as TC unfolds, my enjoyment and admiration for this fragrance grows. The woody, patchouli base drys TC at just the right time. TC is a fresh, spicy pleasure to wear in Tuscany or Iowa; your choice.

24 December, 2011