Foustie's avatar

Scotland Scotland

Incense Extrême by Tauer

I find the journey that this fragrance takes from opening to drydown and beyond to be really interesting. On the first spritz I had a kind of indifferent "hmmm" reaction. Frankincense, which I do love and definately something else that I don't know or can't identify, which I now believe may have petitgrain.
    Then, another and another sniff and I was captivated. To me it is as if this fragrance wears its opening like a good winter overcoat. It arrives with a blast, cold and austere. Then it takes the coat off and my oh my, it reveals a beautiful elegant personality underneath. Along the way it passes through a stage which, to me, is very similar indeed to the Iris and Cedar of L'Artisan Parfumeur's Dzongkha albeit with less smoke. Then it settles into its own, a calm gentle dry Iris/Cedar/Frankincense. I was about to say old fashioned but I think timeless is probably better.
    I see that others identify ambergris. I am not so skilled unfortunately but is it that which gives it its presence and transparency?
    Incense Extreme shares something with L'Air. It has the same weight or weightlessness, the same timbre. Like L'Air it lasts and lasts on the skin and continues to give the wearer pleasure. I find it very calming.
    For anyone who likes L'Air, or Dzongkha, give this a try and I hope that you enjoy the journey as much as I do.

30th April, 2010 (Last Edited: 19 January, 2012)