odysseusm's avatar

Esencia Loewe by Loewe

This is a delightful green, aromatic, herbal chypre. The opening is centered on a dusky and slightly soapy artemesia. Clary sage and other herbs, along with galbanum, make this quite green. The second phase is marked by an assertive tarragon note, basically a hay-grass combination. Finally, a low-key patchouli appears, slightly minty and metallic and thankfully not heavy.
    I say this is quite nice. My one caveat is that I am looking for coniferous notes and I can't find any. I see that others do find such notes. I have high expectations for that type of note, and for me it may be buried under the other green, herbal notes.
    Nonetheless, this is a very nice scent. It is a product of the late 80's but it is not heavy nor macho. It wears very well.

24 January, 2012