unregistered's avatar

Carmel Bohême by En Voyage Perfumes

The orange is apparent first, then clean, sweet, Lily of the Valley, very prim and proper (no musk or skanky notes); I'm not so fond of Lily of Anywhere, and this one is like Cashmere Bouquet soap to my nose, albeit the vintage variety of Cashmere Bouquet, which admittedly is pretty good compared to most modern perfumes. The heart is white floral, but smooth and non-indolic, and I prefer my white florals to have a bit of "stank". The base is pure class, and the effect is long-lasting. I smell a bit of spicy carnation, although this is not listed in the notes. Perhaps lovers of Caron Bellodgia would find something to love in Carmel Boheme. It really doesn't suit my taste, though I can smell the appeal. Well-made, good bones and architecture.

25 January, 2012