Fleurine's avatar
    Fleurine

L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci

Top notes: carnation, peach, neroli, bergamot, rose and Brazilian rosewood
    Middle notes:rosemary, carnation, gardenia, violet, orchid, cloves, orris root, jasmine, ylang-ylang and rose
    Base notes: spices, iris, amber, sandalwood, amber, musk, benzoin, oak moss, vetiver and cedar

I disliked this fragrance for so long, despite wanting to like it, and repeatedly testing it, I thought it smelled shrill and headachy and then I tried the vintage.
    Let me just say, that whatever yellow water they are churning out these days is not the same L'Air du Temps, the original fragrance by Nina Ricci.
    What L'Air du Temps should be is a thick, rich peppery carnation scent with
    a healthy dose of gardenia, and not really all that "airy" despite the name.
    I also find the Lalique dove/ splash Parfum bottle a little "much", clumsy and awkward to open.
    What I did come across online (and am very pleased with,) is a vintage Parfum spray tester.
    that provides a big spray of the classic vintage scent without all the packaging. That
    has been my experience with L'Air, If you can wrestle the original fragrance from all the subsequent branding and reformulations, it is sheer deliciousness.

29 January, 2012