Redbeard's avatar

Acier Aluminium by Creed

This is a really unique brew; I'm not sure I've encountered anything similar at all. I was getting pretty bored reviewing a bunch of other Creeds, but AA can make you rethink super-sweet masculine fragrances. The bananas and metal are definitely there, and it's almost oppresively metallic at first on top of the fruits, spices and wood. After that clears up a bit, you start to recognize that group of spices and florals that you'd expect to accent a sandalwood fragrance, with the fruit still there, but not necessarily as banana. A slight green grassiness appears underneath after a while, which I didn't remember from previous testings, and it cuts the sweetness a fair amount...I'm kind of marvelling here at how it's going form more sweet to less sweet instead of the other way around. The only problem is that something in the mix starts to create more medicinal character in the basenotes, and maybe a bit of a cherry-like quality, but it's still not as bad as some of the more medicinal sandalwood scents out there. Only in the end do I realize that it's reminding me of a red candy apple, but in a way that I like which is a rare occurrence. Try this stuff out, it's a total trip.

04 February, 2012