odysseusm's avatar

Haute Provence by Nicolaï

This is an interesting scent, and if the notes appeal to you then I recommend that you try it.
    It starts with a rather powdery and dusky lavender. Next to appear is an unusual note: it is very green, herbaceous, and complex. At times it is a bit spicy/peppery and at other times a bit rubbery in a pleasant way. I attribute this to the myrtle. There may be very faint hints of minty rosemary. At this point, this is an ideal "garrigue" scent -- evoking the dusty herbaceous hills of Provence. The early dry-down continues in a green/earthy vein, and I like it quite a bit. The later dry-down gets sweeter, and amber/powder notes appear. I like these less, and they keep the scent from being bottle-worthy for me. However, overall it is a good scent.

26th January, 2012 (Last Edited: 05th February, 2012)