Zut's avatar

Omnia by Bulgari

Top notes: ginger, mandarin orange, saffron, pepper and cardamom
    Middle notes: nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, almond, masala chai and lotus
    Base notes: sandalwood, tonka bean, white chocolate, guaiac wood and woody notes

Everything in that olfactory pyramid is edible but the wood notes! I am a great fan of sweet spicy amber-based fragrances but gourmand is not exactly my thing. When I heard there was white chocolate in the composition, I was afraid Omnia would be a disgustingly gourmand concoction la Thierry Mugler. Well, it is not that. It is merely a trendy semi-oriental floral. Nothing to write home about IMHO. None of the spicy notes really stands out and the tea note (masala chai) gives the fragrance a lingering musty note that spoils everything for me. Although Omnia is not a complete disaster, I feel it does not totally delivers the goods. The bottle is much more original and spectacular than the fragrance itself, unfortunately.

07th February, 2012