Oproust's avatar
    Oproust

Acqua di Parma Colonia by Acqua di Parma

I have a soft spot for 'classics'. Acqua di Parma Colonia fits the bill. This one has a long distinguished history, allegedly worn by by many luminaries. This fragrance is one of my favorite eau de colognes. The citrus opening is superb. The floral heart, primarily rose to my nose, is very nice. The light musk base is just right. Longevity is 4-5 hours, not bad for an edc. AdP does have a feeling that is not of this time, and after all, it is not. WWI era, but apparently they created damn fine fragrances then. AdP is bottle worthy and I'm glad it is still in production. When my decant is gone, I will be buying a bottle. I wish perfumers produced more fragrances like AdP today. Instead, the luminaries are wearing many fragrances that aren't so luminous. No need to mention these, as they are legion.

09 February, 2012