odysseusm's avatar

Eau de Vert by Miller Harris

I am of mixed mind on this. Like others, when I hear "vert" (green) I have certain high expectations. This scent is not very green, at best only slightly green.
    Second, my personal preference is for bright, translucent scents. This is one of the most dense, heaviest scents I have encountered. It is not particularly sweet, but it is just so "weighty" that it doesn't totally appeal to me.
    Points in its favour... It is aromatic, with some herbal notes. These notes give a complex, interesting character to the scent. On me, the scent has great longevity, lasting many hours. The dry-down is a bit hay-like, actually suggesting a mellow-dusky sweetgrass (Hierochloe odorata) note.
    I don't know what makes this so dense. Might be the musk. I don't get any pine here, nor vetiver as I understand the latter.
    I used to really dislike this scent, primarily for its heaviness. Now I am neutral on it. Perhaps I'll further change my mind in time...

09th February, 2012