odysseusm's avatar

Olive Leaf by Thymes

I'll give this a cautious thumbs up. I bought it a couple of years ago on spec, mostly due to the ingredients:
    Olive leaf extract and oil, Sardinian laurel leaf, sage, rosemary, balsamic lavender flowers, rosewood, bamboo leaf, aromatic wood notes, patchouli.
    When I first tried it, it seemed very sweet and patchouli-centric to me. I put it aside for a couple of years and am revisiting it. Now it seems OK to me. Perhaps it also works better for me in cool weather.
    It is fresh and starts fairly sweet (to my taste). It is a bit dense and soapy at this point. The scent opens up and has a green-fruity note which I associate with olive soap. The herbal notes develop nicely as the sweet-soapy aspect burns off. The scent is quite pleasant. It is a bit soft and pretty, not quite as dry as I usually wear. The patchouli now seems OK to me, not problematic.

10th February, 2012