Theallmikey's avatar

Vetiver by Guerlain

This is one classy perfume for sure. The first time I smelt it, I didn't like it that much; it was just way too harsh for my nostrils. Years later I gave it another go, and I suddenly imaged being in an early 60's smoke filled bar where 30+ year old gentlemen with suits talk about life. I liked that, so I decided to buy it and I'm glad I did.
    Because of the really harsh start (it is really spicy to me: it might be the corriander) some people might call this perfume "old", but give it a few minutes and that harshness will go away. It stays spicy, but the citrus goes away (quite fast really) to reveal a pleasent warm woody note that last for quite a long time, but is not obnoxiously present (or stink). I can wear it with confidence for just about every occasion. I like it a lot!
    You should give it a try and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

11th February, 2012