FumeHood's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

Cozy Warmth in a bottle. Settles down very quickly to a silky cinnamon and vanilla amber and is far less about the musc on me. The base is beautifully blended but overly reminiscent of oriental extremes like Musc Kublai Khan (richer) or Ambre Sultan (dryer) to feel earth-shattering, however I certainly understand why it is so popular amongst those a bit scared of taking more extreme measures. The sweets and sweat keep the amber sensual throughout. An easier-to-wear scent that is all smooth and cozy and whose naughty side is very faint (maybe a little civet with the musc, but nothing overwhelmingly dirty). I probably wouldn't wear it to work but that says more about my work (a school) than any overtly sexual or skanky vibe emitted by this fragrance (which frankly, I was sort of hoping for more of from all the fuss!) Still, I can't allow that to keep it out of thumb's up realm; it's still good juice.

13 February, 2012