MOONB's avatar

Orange Spice by Creed

Gorgeous stuff.

Orange Spice opens with a civet-laden drop kick to the face, much like the original Kouros, yet darker and richer-smelling. The civet is potent but recedes after a few minutes, revealing a very naturalistic representation of orange zest and clove. Hints of neroli and ambergris waft along after an hour or so, and extend the lifespan of the scent far beyond what I had imagined was possible for a Creed EDT. Nine hours later I still get clear whiffs of it off my shirt and chest. The orange and clove are all that remain, but they're beautifully done here. I imagine Orange Spice will be discontinued within the year, and it saddens me that this fragrance hasn't garnered more positive press, but at least Kouros will stick around. I'll remember this Creed every time I wear the famous YSL scent, and dream of better days that have long passed.

15 February, 2012