odysseusm's avatar

Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile by Acqua di Parma

Here are the notes on my sample card:
    Citrus fruits, magnolia, jasmine, rose, tubersoe, cedarwood, vetiver, vanilla, patchouli.

It is a nice scent, though not my style. The thing I admire about it is a quality which I can only describe as "bright". This is something more than just good citrus notes, there is an overall energy here that is quietly zesty, something remarkable in a soft floral.
    The opening citrus notes are very true to life and complex, suggesting lemon skin and orange oil. These open into a soft, deep floral. This phase is subtle, not at all heavy or sweet. I'm not familiar with magnolia, so what I interpret as a kind of peach-apricot note (and also the fuzzy skin of a peach) may be the magnolia. The patchouli is restrained. Overall, I have the sense of fruit as much as floral notes. The final dry-down displays some light wood and vanilla.

21st February, 2012