Aiona's avatar

Twilight Woods by Bath and Body Works

March 5, 2011: Twilight Woods? I think this one is seriously misnamed. The notes given by Bath and Body Works are "apricots, cypress, berries, and exotic woods." Apricots. Yes. Berries. Yes. Cypress? Where?! Exotic woods? Maybe some sandalwood, if I imagine reallllllly hard.

If I had blind sniffed this, I would have named it "Fruit Basket." But Woods? Eh. If you're a woods lover, this one will not meet expectations.

If you're a marketer trying to capitalize on the _Twilight_ sensation, then perhaps it's not misnamed at all.

Edit February 23, 2012: My previous review was for the lotion. I re-tried Twilight Woods today, using the new body mist that they're heavily promoting. It still really doesn't smell of "woods" to me, and I still think this scent is seriously misnamed. This time around, the fruitiness was not so overpoweringly annoying. The mist really is much lighter in scent than the lotion. I also stopped thinking about the stupid name, and hoping for woods, and realized there was coconut in here, which I do like. 4 hours later, there is definitely a musk. Overall, it's not a bad scent. Misnamed. But not a bad scent. The body mist is much more tolerable to me than the lotion, as the "fruit" smell is far lighter than the coconut and vanilla. I still don't really get the sandalwood. The body mist I would name "*Tropical* Fruit Basket."

05th March, 2011 (Last Edited: 24th February, 2012)