The_Cologneist's avatar

David Beckham Instinct Intense by Beckham

Instinct Intense is along the lines of Ferrari Black, Polo Black, etc. As it has a peachy/mango prominent fruit accord, with some else that makes it sort of mysterious. It opens up with a somewhat confusing fruity note, I would say mango, watermelon, or peaches. In due time, it transforms slightly, the fruit note becomes more prominent, there's some bergamot mixed in there, and a little spice from the ginger, it's also very creamy. It dries down with some soft woods, but for the most part stays linear.

I'd say if ya like scents like Polo Black, Usher UR, Daddy Yankee, and such, you would enjoy this one. I was fortunate enough to find a .5 oz bottle for about 6 bucks, which wasn't hard on the wallet. I think it's blind buy worthy if ya can get it cheap enough. It's very inoffensive, and also quite comforting. One of those "guilty pleasure scent". Of course, like with most cheapies from this house, the projection and longevity are horrible. I get 4 hours max out of this, with little projection in the first 30 mins, and horrible projection in the last 3 and half hours.

I'm on the fence with the rating, but I'll go with thumbs up, since it can be found for good prices. The low price can make up for its longevity and projection issues.

03 March, 2012