Symphonies's avatar

Bulgari pour Homme Extreme by Bulgari

After applying Extreme there was a particular note that struck me as vegetal, crisp and aromatic, yet harsh and unbalanced. So I decided to look through previous BN reviews to see if anyone had shared my experience. Sure enough, in one of the first reviews of Extreme posted back in 2002, chris-p mentioned that it "has an odd bitter note that reminds me of celery..." I'm guessing it's the combination of coriander and galbanum listed as top notes. However, I would have preferred an accord with much less aromatic vegetable bite and a bit of floral sweetness from the coriander. Also, that green accord is tenacious and made it's presence known and was dominant for 20-30 minutes before receding -somewhat- into the overall profile of the scent. Even then it remained distinct. Compared to the original pour Homme everything in Extreme is amplified just above Bulgari's typical subtlety. That top note, however, is cranked up to 11. It's unpleasant enough for me to give it thumbs down.

15 February, 2012 (Last Edited: 03 March, 2012)