Sunsetspawn's avatar

parfums*PARFUMS Series 2 Red: Sequoia by Comme des Garçons

I see there is rum in there, and perhaps that would be the cause of what I was considering the "whiskey" smell. Of course, there is a type of oud in there, and that could assist in the "whiskey" smell. Unfortunately I don't drink enough to sort this out properly, I don't have any rum, my whiskey is sealed, and vodka and scotch won't help. My liqueur cabinet stinks. It could also be interpreted as "pimento," but not quite as foody.

Anyway, besides this bitter and intriguing note that will last forever on clothes but be absorbed immediately on skin, this is a forest in a bottle. As art, it's very nice. As a wearable scent, it's interesting but unsatisfying. Of course, my tastes lean towards gourmand and other nearly edible sweet and delicious scents, so consider that with this review.

06 March, 2012