autumngleeman's avatar

Rose D'été by Les Parfums de Rosine

I'm going to give a thumbs up for this one. I have been reviewing a lot of the rosine fragrances recently (on the advice that many of them might actually be wearable for men, which has turned out to be true) and this is without a doubt a female only scent. I like the ripe crab apple flesh and rose combination. I also like the effervescent nature of it, as if aldehydes were used in the composition (which it appears it doesn't have). It's fresh and it sparkles. I can certainly see how it could turn some people off (it emits strong sillage and you should probably have a love for white florals, which it really doesn't have but it smells somewhat similar to that type of thing) but I imagine I would find Rose D'ete very agreeable on a woman. My only concern is the projection strength, so my advice to would-be wearers would be to apply moderately.

07th March, 2012