alfarom's avatar

Rochas Lui by Rochas

Smelling Lui made me think about how much we can be silly when we try obstinately to cathegorize perfumes. Niche, Designers, Mass Market, Up-Market etc. etc.. IMO, sometimes (sometimes), we should simply stop making many differencies and divide perfumes into good ones and bad ones. No matter who released or created them. Lui is surely a good one. A very good one.

The bitter-sweet character of this awesome composition left me stunned, amazed and completely fascinated. A perfect blend of aromatic patchouli, vanilla, lemon and neroli joined by a subtle floral accord and laying on a solid cedarwood base. A bold composition perfectly crafted and balanced to never cross the border of vulgarity. Great lasting power. Lui stands at the top of my "favourites" from this house.

When I smell something like "Rochas Lui" I understand why I love fragrance.

03rd May, 2011 (Last Edited: 07th March, 2012)