Darvant's avatar

Cédre by 06130 Zéro Six Cent-Trente

This kind of smell is very familiar to me (at least at the beginning) and is a reminiscence of some old and cheap masculine eau de cologne of the past, apart the final creamy "modern" touch. The type of "splashing" aqueous effect, its barber shop kind of traditional " airy exoticism", remind  me immediately the Drakkar Noir's formula (just in some of its facets) and the smell i often used to inhale  in my childwood when my dad  carry me to the barber shop-hairdresser  in order they to coiffure there my hairs. What i catch in the air is a crisp blast of citrus-lavender, a punch of sweet exotic spices, a starring violet note over a clean and watery musky, ambery and cedary base. I also note a sort of calone (or may be is just the watery effect from the citrus-lavender that i feel) in the air but this element comes  out just in the dry down on the side of a touch of creamy amber-vanilla that is vague, due to balance a bit the fruity-floral water but also in my opinion able to compromise the general work. A toned down, dated in concept (final smoothness apart) and faintly projecting scent.

16 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 17 March, 2012)