JGbeader's avatar

New Zealand New Zealand

Bal Versailles by Jean Desprez

This review is for the current iteration( which I regret buying). I'd love to smell the versions others here own!

From the top: A blast of cough medicine mixed with the notorious body smells variously described by folk in many places, is followed by and hangs with a low-grade honey/greasy hair scent which sets my teeth on edge. It's like the sugar that's crystallized out of old, bad-quality clover honey. If this can be borne for a hour or so on my skin, it's replaced by an inoffensive, even pleasant, vaguely spicy dry-down. And that's it.

Lasts longer on fabric, which means, for me, the garment must be washed as the animal smell lingers longer. I disagree with those who call it urineous. It's the fecal smell exuded by fly-pollinated shrubs.

If this perfume is sex, it's cold, grungy sex without love.

19th March, 2012