JGbeader's avatar

New Zealand New Zealand

Sicily by Dolce & Gabbana

I agree with others - Sicily is a dense perfume. However, I like it - it's classy. Perhaps because I'm 60, but not a stereotypical "old lady", I feel confident in it. It's a lovely way to go out smelling of lemons and bergamot, and other sweet things as it drys down. It's not a scent to spray on generously unless you want to dominate the whole world. What is it with some folk? They complain about certain perfumes being overpowering, but they use them so wastefully.

Sicily is more a comfort scent than an erotic one for me. I enjoy its warmth and don't find the base notes sickly at all. It speaks of contentment and peaceful sunny days. I never cease to be fascinated by how differently individuals respond to perfumes. Thank goodness. Wouldn't life be dull if we all approved of exactly the same things.

29 March, 2009 (Last Edited: 21st March, 2012)