blood-orange's avatar

Tom Ford for Men by Tom Ford

The whole raunchy campaign that surrounds this fragrance's release, had me somewhat excited to see what made this fragrance so sexual. Tom Ford for Men is sexy, at least in my opinion, however not to the extent that its advertisement suggests. I won't be posing naked with a bottle of this anytime soon, that's for sure.

The scent is an interesting concoction of smooth woods, spicy sweetness and rich, earthy tobacco and patchouli. Surprisingly, Tom Ford for Men is rather soft on the skin, I expected a much louder fragrance.

Not nearly as citrusy in the opening as one would expect, Tom Ford for Men, is smooth and classy. I am somewhat addicted to smelling this fragrance every few seconds, even though it's not what I'd call particularly outstanding or unique.

There's definitely something very appealing about this fragrance, and there's no way I'd be offended by any man wearing this. In fact I'd be elated if they did.

Tom Ford for Men has a somewhat oily quality that makes me feel as if this fragrance is more concentrated than it is. Every now and then the scent becomes dark and musky, however the honey-like sweetness tends to brighten this fragrance, bringing it up out of its dullness.

While the sillage is fairly intimate, I do rave about the lasting power which is amazing, lasting well into the next day. In some ways, Tom Ford for Men reminds me of BLV pour Homme, especially with the presence of the ginger note. I must say that if you love BLV for Summer, you'd most likely love this fragrance for Winter.

22 March, 2012