blood-orange's avatar

Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle by Christian Dior

This is indeed a paler version of the original Hypnotic Poison.

All that bold vanilla and play-dough has been taken away and replaced with soft florals and subdued vanilla. They perhaps made the original more wearable and casual, however in my opinion they made it boring.

Hypnotic Poison was never my favourite in the Poison series, I much preferred the richer Poison, Midnight Poison and Tendre Poison. To make a lighter version of any of those three fragrances would be an outrage, why did they assume that making a softer version of Hypnotic Poison was going to be well-received?

I'm a young woman that likes to make a statement with the fragrances I choose to wear. Hypnotic Poison eau Sensuelle is neither head-turning or overly sensual in my opinion. I would wear this fragrance perhaps as a bed-time scent or to a picnic in the park.

The sillage is extremely intimate and soft, and the lasting power, while satisfactory, could have lasted a little longer.

In conclusion all I can say is for those that like to wear bold fragrances, stick to the original. For those shy perfume wearers, Hypnotic Poison eau Sensuelle could be the perfect scent for you, especially if you found the original to be too strong.

22 March, 2012