blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Le Paradis de Nina by Nina Ricci

Like one would expect, Le Paradis de Nina is sweet, but not in a headache-inducing sense of the word.

Captivated by the adorable silver and pink bottle, I could not resist spritzing this fragrance onto my wrist, despite my initial fears that it could be too sweet for my tastes. Thankfully, Le Paradis de Nina was just right. A sugary scent that doesn't go overboard.

The scent itself is girly, light and somewhat fluffy. Instead of heavy syrup, this fragrance is a thin layer of icing sugar on a vanilla cupcake.

The softness of the scent overall left me with a very pleasant feeling all day. Unfortunately it didn't last as long as I would have liked it to. The lasting strength was moderate, around 5 hours, however it left me lusting for more.

While I don't dispute the fact that lovers of the red Nina will like this fragrance too, I do think that those who expect this fragrance to be just as heavy and candied with an apple note, may be disappointed. Subtle is the key to describing this scent.

22 March, 2012