blood-orange's avatar

Délices de Cartier Eau Fruitée by Cartier

The original Delices smelt like cherry-flavoured liqueur, rich and syrupy, however Delices Eau Fruitee, smells juicier and more fresh.

At first I didn't like this fragrance. It opened very sour and intensely fruity. It resembled the scent of tropical fruit juice, which was something I didn't aspire to smelling like.

I spent the first hour or so, wanting it to mellow or even become a tad sweeter to cancel out the sharp tartness of the scent. While I appreciated the fact that it wasn't sweet and predictable like other fruity florals, it was that same uniqueness that was turning me off the fragrance altogether.

Eventually the scent became less sharp, which helped me to delight in some softer accords of jasmine, cherry blossom and subtle citrus. I was just beginning to enjoy this fragrance when I noticed it beginning to fade rather quickly, and as I suspected, it was gone before it even reached the drydown.

With such poor lasting power it is difficult to say whether or not the scent did improve. From what I experienced I do not hesitate in preferring the original Delices.

22nd March, 2012