drseid's avatar
    drseid

Les Nombres d'Or - Ambre by Mona di Orio

It is official, apart from Cuir I like every one of the Les Nombres d'Or line (and I have now smelled them all). Ambre starts off with the trademark di Orio house scent that is kind of a pleasant amber/musk scent. This kind of reminded me of the same opening Oud had when I smelled it recently. That said, after the opening notes, Ambre diverges into a very enjoyable cedar heart (although very different from the Virginia cedar used in her Vetyver) with hints of a semi-dry vanilla accord. The end result is a semi-fresh scent after the dark opening that really is enticing and very uni-sex to my nose while also not being too sweet. Longevity is well above average, and Ambre has better sillage than many of the other di Orio scents. Superb and full bottle worthy, IMO. This is my new reference amber.

14 November, 2011 (Last Edited: 23 March, 2012)