The_Cologneist's avatar

Perry Ellis for Men (new) by Perry Ellis

There is simply no designer fragrance that I have changed my mind on so many times. But this time, I think I am certain. Perry Ellis for Men is a sure winner. It's quite different from everything else on the market today, it takes risks, but doesn't overdo it as some niche fragrances might do. It's hard to categorize, but I think I would go with a woodsy/incense/spicy/fruity/aquatic. Strange huh?

It opens up with a fresh green apple note, that actually does not smell synthetic at all. Backed by a dark sweet and smokey aroma. I can't help but think about burning incense or a Black & Mild cigar. It has a pumpkin spice smell which pairs with some ginger and some strange aquatic note.. similar to the one in the dry down of Wall Street. It almost smells like a wet dog. However, there is enough stuff on top of it to mask it, for the most part. It dries down with some deep bitter woodsy notes. Quite a complex scent really. Disaster? or perhaps a masterpiece.. you be the judge on this one.

Longevity and sillage are both adequate, as I get about 6 hours or so, with average projection. My one gripe, is that i cannot wear this often, or I will begin to hate it. As that is the case with A*Men, Joop!, and some other great ones. You can only appreciate their beauty if you wear them once in a while.

03rd April, 2010 (Last Edited: 24th March, 2012)