Njtnjt's avatar

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

A loud scent for loud people and places. Smells like vanilla pipe tobacco. Smooth and extremely strong. The only fragrance I have ever worn that my wife could smell on me BEFORE she entered the room. She smelled it on me outside from 15 feet away on a breezy walk with our dog - 1 spray!

Extremely one dimensional, it just keeps projecting all day and all night without much change or evolution of any kind in the scent. At the 12 hour mark the one spray I had on today started to abate in strength to what I think was a tolerable level. Even then, my daughter smelled it from 10 feet away when she came home from school.

Not my cup of tea, not my idea of enchanting. More like thermonuclear war. I think it's well made for what it is - but I'll never wear it again.

10th March, 2012 (Last Edited: 24 March, 2012)