blood-orange's avatar

parfums*PARFUMS Series 5 Sherbet: Cinnamon by Comme des Garçons

I was in a bit of a random mood when I tried Series 5: Cinnamon. I had been walking past the Commes Des Garcons counter and spotted the small, white sprayer bottles and upon reading their labels went, "yes, I wouldn't mind smelling like cinnamon today!"

Well, it's cinnamon but not in a rich, exotic or spicy way. I've recently begun cooking a variety of dishes and so I've become quite familiar with the scent of freshly ground cinnamon. Perhaps the sherbet aspect gets in the way, giving this fragrance a powdery and strange fizzy quality.

The more the scent develops the cleaner and more subdued it becomes. It's delicate and clean rather than exotic and bold, like you may expect.

It just feels diluted and strange on the skin, like a deoderant or a body splash rather than a perfume. I must however highlight the fact that this fragrance lasts and lasts, at least well over ten hours.

I'm a big fan of oriental scents and anything particularly spicy, so this clean and synthetically sweetened cinnamon scent didn't rock my world, however for those that seek something a little different but clean at the same time, Series 5: Cinnamon could be the perfect pick.

There's no doubt in my mind that this fragrance is pleasant, cooling and pretty, however I wanted just a touch more character.

24th March, 2012