DanWano's avatar

Ambrarem by Histoires de Parfums

For a long time i was looking to get an amber base fragrance for winter. Usually amber fragrance tend to be too sweet for me, because of either the vanilla or the cocoa. I tried alot of them from Annick Goutal, to Serge Luthens, or l'Artisan Parfumeur even Montale, none of them was really what i was looking for. I wanted to like l'Instant de Guerlain but never enough to buy it. Then one day i got a couple of Histoire de parfums samples (btw i liked them all, very nice line) and one of them was Ambrarem, that i ordered first for my son who is an amber lover. My first impression was wow nice fragrance, i got the amber but a smooth one, not overwhelming, not too sweet, probably the pepper and the oud tone down the natural sweetness of the amber. Nice. then I came back 5 minutes later and i was blown away. What could have been disastrous for me is the vanilla part in the base note. Instead of becoming like all of the others amber fragrance, the vanilla is there to blend all the notes together in a perfect ensemble. OUTSTANDING !!!

27 March, 2012