Akahina's avatar

Leather Oud by Christian Dior

Bought this blind! And I love it. I get more leather out of this than any fragrance I have tried (there must be other leather scents with more, I have not tried many.) And the oud is apparent but not terribly strong here for me but well blended with the leather and other woody notes. This one lasts a very long time and it seems that the projection is very nice. There is a sweetness to this rich smelling scent but not too sweet, the leather and oud complement each other so well and tames down the sweetness that lies in the background. I tend to think I do smell a touch of civit in here, something animalic lies deep in this fragrance. Very well blended and warm, inviting and in my top five. Very different from anything in my collection and a worthwhile blind buy for me.

Interestingly, for a fragrance that is so "challenging", I always get complements when I wear this one.

31st March, 2012