blood-orange's avatar

Womanity by Thierry Mugler

Dear Womanity, why are you so unloved? I feel as if something is wrong with me seeming that I enjoy you so.

I know many people get citrus, fig, salty caviar, nail polish or bad body odour, but I smell spicy cookies. No joke, Womanity smells exactly like a cookie shop to me, the kind of smell that wafts past you, instantly electrifying your taste buds, with that 'straight-out-of-the-oven' freshly baked cookie smell.

I smelt Womanity over and over again to see whether my perception changed, but sure enough it smells foody and sweet like cookies.

Towards the heart I can begin to sense the fig which is delicious and tarty but never overwhelming. There is also a sparkling pink grapefruit accord in there somewhere too, which along with the pomegranate are the only fruits I can smell.

Womanity is a really fascinating scent, nowhere near as bad as some people are making it out to be. The lasting power and sillage are highly commendable and the complexity of the composition absolutely breath-taking.

I am so pleased that Thierry Mugler has once again jumped into the deep end and taken another risk with this new release. If all fragrance houses did this, the world of perfumery would be much more interesting.

04th April, 2012