blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Badgley Mischka by Badgley Mischka

I usually detest anything too fruity, especially in strong doses, however Badgley Mischka is glorious.

Whenever I think of this fragrance, as strange as it may sound, I think of a fruit salad gone wild, drowning in boozy rum and gorging itself on caramel toffees. The scent is thick and heavy like golden syrup drizzling off a wooden spoon.

The more I smell this, the more addicted I become. The scent is very rich yet classy at the same time. It doesn't smell cheap or pre-pubescent like some syrupy and fruity scents tend to be.

It reminds me a little of Miss Dior Cherie, just without the overly sweetened strawberry wine note and all the girly nonsense. What I love about Badgley Mischka is that it doesn't attempt to be pretty, it wants to make a statement, and that it does, boldly and proudly.

If subtle scents are your thing, I'd probably skip trying this, however if you're like me and love the scents that often make people gag or sneeze, go right ahead and douse yourself in this. This is one fruity fragrance that I desire in copious amounts.

I'm so glad to see Tania Sanchez giving this fragrance five stars in her book, 'Perfumes: The Guide', and I must agree that learning to love this fragrance takes time and a lot of patience. After a few wears, I almost guarantee you'll be hooked.

04 April, 2012