blood-orange's avatar

White Linen by Estée Lauder

If you've ever wanted to know what sharp aldehydes smell like, give White Linen a try.

This fragrance is an aldehyde overload, so much to the point that it smells like a white, sparkling bathroom. There's huge doses of powder, soap, laundry and flowers in White Linen. The clean qualities are so bold that it's sometimes difficult to point out any individual notes.

While I do love aldehydes, I prefer them in smaller doses. White Linen is a scent I like my sheets to smell of, but perhaps not my own skin.

This fragrance is also typical of those 80's fragrances, being a monster in terms of sillage and reliable in terms of longevity.

I'm only 20, so strong perfumes such as this one make me feel too old before my time. Not saying that this is a so-called 'old lady scent', but it does have more mature connotations. Along with that thought, personally I find this fragrance far too chemical, powdery and sharp for my liking.

04th April, 2012