blood-orange's avatar

Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel

Allure Homme is by far one of my favourite scents on a man, so it made perfect sense to see what it's many versions were like.

Allure Homme Edition Blanche, may not have all the rich woodsiness that made Allure Homme so appealing, but this fragrance is a nice alternative for casual wear and warm days.

This fragrance opens with subtle lemon, delicate vanilla creaminess and a dash of pepper. It's quite smooth and soothing. I particularly like how clean it smells on a man. My boy tried on the aftershave version of this fragrance in the store and I really enjoyed its refreshing subtlety.

He wasn't so keen on the fragrance unfortunately, mostly because he's a smoker and lighter scents are much harder for him to smell. I must admit that at times, this fragrance was even hard for me to detect.

The lasting power is pretty good, in both the EDT and Aftershave concentrations, and like I mentioned before, the sillage is fairly intimate.

The drydown is quite possibly my favourite aspect of this fragrance, which is a creamy sandalwood, musk and vanilla blend. In some ways I find this fragrance quite milky, a little similar to Emporio Armani White for Men. Despite its creamy approach and the rather delcious vanilla accord, this fragrance is very masculine, so don't let the notes fool you into dismissing it.

04th April, 2012