blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Chanel Pour Monsieur by Chanel

Well, I wouldn't call this fragrance 'antique', 'old-fashioned' or 'mature'. Pour Monsieur is a classic which has been around for decades, however it makes such a smooth transition into every decade, paticularly this one.

Pour Monsieur is nothing utterly breath-taking. It won't be encouraging me to jump any man wearing it, however with that being said, it is sexy in a grown-up, clean fashion.

I find this fragrance to be a particularly beautiful blend of citrus and herbs, with both accords creating a harmonious and friendly experience.

Pour Monsieur strikes me as being the scent of a business-man. He's focused, confident, intelligent and smartly dressed. In some ways, Pour Monsieur is the male equivalent to Chanel No.19, just perhaps not as green and leathery.

Apparently Pour Monsieur is a chypre, well I don't know too much about that particular fragrance genre, but I guess that oakmoss in the base places it into that category. I find the cedar and amber to be much more prominent.

This fragrance is one of those refreshingly green scents with a touch of spiciness, which provides an interesting warmth. The sillage is so-so, however this fragrance does last extremely well. Not the best Chanel fragrance for men, but certainly impressive.

04 April, 2012