blood-orange's avatar

Obsession Night by Calvin Klein

This fragrance struck me as being very unique, also being very different to what I expected it to smell like. Obsession Night in my mind, was a darker and sexier version of the original Obsession, perhaps a little smokier and sweet. In reality, Obsession Night is mostly a gentle floral with some masculine qualities, a tad too musky and in some ways synthetic, but not in an unpleasant way.

Everytime I smell this fragrance, I'm stuck for words to describe it. It's non-descript yet rather appealing. The scent itself is quite subdued, mostly a nice blend of clean white florals, a hint of sweet citrus and dusty vanilla.

Towards the drydown is where Obession Night begins to smell slightly masculine. It has a somewhat woodsy, pencil-shavings kind of smell to it. After awhile the scent does bore me, however if I bring my wrist to my nose and inhale deeply, I am once again intrigued and fascinated.

Obsession Night may be one of those fragrances that grow on you. As I'm reviewing this fragrance now, I almost feel bad for saying what I've said in the previous paragraphs, because the more I smell it, the more I begin to like it.

Smelling it again, it almost smells like baby wipes. I must add that I like the scent of baby wipes. My opinions on this fragrance are continually changing. I don't believe that it's possible for me to come to any kind of conclusion.

In terms of sillage and lasting strength, I'll give this fragrance the thumbs up. All I have left to say is that this is an interesting scent, rather smooth, sometimes creamy, and generally likable.

04th April, 2012