blood-orange's avatar

Amor Pour Homme by Cacharel

I rather like this fragrance, so much so that I'm keen to wear it myself.

When I first sprayed Amor pour Homme it reminded me of my Mother's Italian cooking spices, it had a very herbaceous quality. The more it settled, I could sense the element of freshness and sweet masculinity.

At times this fragrance oozes a clean soapiness which is highlighted by some juicy citrus and rich spices. Although very masculine, I can't help enjoying this fragrance on my skin. It's such an unexpected surprise.

Once this fragrance reaches the drydown, I could smell this absolutely delicious blend of thick resins, smokey woods and exotic spices. I am so very impressed with Cacharel for composing one hell of a male fragrance.

It seems that the female equivalent, Amor Amor has gained much more notoriety than Amor pour Homme, which is a shame because they are both great scents that should be equal. I rarely see this fragrance in the stores, and I only managed to find this fragrance by stealing a sample which had been hidden behind a price list sign.

04 April, 2012