blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

Tabaróme Millésime by Creed

I've spent quite some time trying to track down this fragrance, well to be honest anything by Creed. Seeming that this fragrance hinted at all things tobacco (one of my favourite notes), I thought it might as well be the perfect Creed introduction.

Surprisingly Tabarome isn't as bold and masculine as I imagined it to be. The scent is quite soft and oddly refreshing. The tobacco note is certainly there, however it's not as strong as let's say, Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford.

I get a smooth, slightly dry blend of ginger, lemon, sandalwood, tea and tobacco. There's a hint of musky sweetness every now and then, which brings me to suggest this fragrance for both sexes, despite its rather masculine qualities.

Tabarome is quite sexy, in a ruggedly masculine, strictly business type fashion. The composition is balanced and very classic. Apparently Winston Churchill wore this, and I must agree that in some ways this fragrance would suit a much older man.

At times this fragrance has a rather bitter edge, most likely brought about by the ginger clashing with the vetiver. It's not unpleasant, but it's perhaps an acquired taste. Tabarome also has a very subtle hint of soapiness.

In regards to longevity, Tabarome is great, however there are moments when I'm slightly anosmic to this fragrance. The beauty of Tabarome comes and goes as it pleases.

04 April, 2012