blood-orange's avatar

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

I am attempting to write this review without being biased. My boyfriend wears this on a daily basis, so it's become less of a perfume for me, and more the smell that reminds me of him.

I will begin by saying that when I first smelt Bvlgari Aqva, I was a little underwhelmed. I'm not a huge fan of anything aquatic, even though I do enjoy its freshness on a man's skin. However, in the case of Bvlgari Aqva, I began to fall in love with its salty sea water note and its rich, earthy patchouli which lingers underneath the juicy orange.

I'm actually not surprised to read that there are many women that wear this also. It's masculine, but not strictly so. I find it a fragrance along the lines of Cool Water, Acqua di Gio and CK One, but perhaps a touch spicier.

My boyfriend wears this all year round, which is sometimes strange because I think it suits Summer weather a hell of a lot better. He also owns Gucci's Envy for Men (a gift I gave him) and CK's Eternity for Women, however Bvlgari Aqva is what he chooses above anything else.

On any other man, this fragrance would not turn me on, but on my boyfriend's skin, the combination is extremely sexy. It gives off this clean, 'fresh out of the shower' type aura that I really adore.

Bvlgari Aqva is a touch woodsy in the drydown, sharp almost. The rich amber only re-instates its masculine qualities. In some ways I'd call this a fierce aquatic, there is nothing subdued or soothing about it.

The longevity is great, especially on my boyfriend's skin which tends to soak up a lot of scents. Bvlgari Aqva is right up there as one of my favourite fragrances for men.

04 April, 2012