blood-orange's avatar

Aria di Capri by Carthusia

I was introduced to this fragrance by a sales person stating that it was somewhat similar to Chanel's No.5. I cannot entirely agree.

I initially hated aldehydic fragrances when I first started collecting perfumes, however it was due to the fact that I was trying the wrong ones. If everyone had the chance to smell Aria di Capri they may just change their mind altogether.

While the scent is powdery, it's also fresh, a touch lemony, feminine and delicate. There's a beautiful honeyed mimosa note followed by a subtle, yet slightly fruity peach note.

Aria di Capri would make a lovely Summer scent, however it's more for a scenic trip through the countryside in a white sundress on your way to a picnic, rather than a lazy day on the beach.

Despite the fact that the house of Carthusia is rather Mediterranean in its approach, I find this fragrance the least exotic. It reminds me of an English countryside for some reason, not the island of Capri.

The florals are so perfectly balanced in this fragrance, being quite sunny and energetic. Despite its powderiness, thankfully this fragrance doesn't have that all too familiar soapy accord. It's fresh but not clean.

Aria di Capri is supposed to be unisex, however I feel that it leans towards a more feminine side. While this was my favourite out of the Carthusia line when I first tested it, I'm not so keen on it now that I find it a little linear. The lasting power is great however and so is the sillage, which keeps me interested.

04th April, 2012